West Java Uduk rice recipe and its supplementary dishes
Currently, there are many varieties of West Javanese nasi uduk recipes that you can choose from. But, of course, there is only one original recipe that will not be timeless. Of course, this one recipe is what you need to try, because it contains legendary flavors typical of the ancestors of the Sundanese tribe in the past.
Nasi uduk is one of the typical West Javanese dishes that you can easily find. Currently, there are many typical Sundanese restaurants that give it to you. But there is nothing wrong if you try to make this one menu in your respective homes.
But making thi uduk rice requires patience. There are so many steps that you need to follow carefully to get a delicious taste of uduk rice. But don’t worry because here we will discuss it in detail for you.
Nasi Uduk is considered a great dish in West Java
In fact, this uduk rice is part of the West Javanese tradition. Therefore, not everyone can understand this West Javanese nasi uduk recipe well. Only some people understand it well.
In West Java itself, this uduk rice is usually served in various sacred events such as weddings, circumcisions, house thanksgiving, consecration of buildings and so on. There are usually a lot of people involved in making thi uduk rice yourself.
Of course, the prepared portions are also very large. But if you make it for your own consumption, the method is not too difficult. On this occasion we will discuss how to implement it, complete with complementary menu variants that are usually served in it. Arbitrary? Check out the explanation to the end!
How to Make a Typical West Java Uduk Rice Recipe
Of course, to make this uduk rice, the first thing you need to prepare is the ingredients. Also, make sure that the ingredients used are clean and hygienic. Right off the bat, here’s the explanation.
- 300 grams of rice
- Coconut milk 450 ml
- 2 pieces of young bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 2 bruised lemongrass sticks
- 2 cm cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsk salt
How it is made
If you have prepared all these ingredients , we can immediately move on to the stage of making this West Javanese uduk rice recipe. Apply to follow the steps below in order.
- Wash the rice thoroughly. Also wash other materials to be used in the manufacturing process
- Boil the coconut milk that you prepared before. Also put bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, beaten lemongrass, salt and pepper.
- Stir everything thoroughly until it is completely evenly distributed. Stir until the combination of spices and spices boils.
- Put the rice you have washed before in coconut milk and spices that are cooked.
- Continue steaming until the rice is cooked and becomes rice.
- Once cooked, serve it in a suitable container
To add flavor, you can also sprinkle fried onions, slices of red chili and cucumber on top of nasi uduk. In addition to making it look beautiful, this will increase your appetite.
It is the process of making uduk rice that you can follow. It may seem easy, but often the preparation of this West Javanese nasi uduk recipe will fail if you don’t follow the predetermined steps. So, make sure that you are careful in performing the steps.
Tips yang must do when making Uduk rice
There are some tips you can do when you want to make this uduk rice recipe. First, be sure to choose quality rice. Unqualified rice often doesn’t make the spices you put in soak into it.
Not only that, but also be sure to choose thick coconut milk. The choice of this thick coconut milk will make the flavor of the West Javanese nasi uduk recipe , which you will make more savory and delicious. But on the contrary, if you opt for diluted coconut milk, the flavor that appears, of course, will not be too salty.
The aroma that appears will also not be strong. Kamu can choose coconut milk squeezed from real grated coconut. Do not choose ready-made coconut milk in the store. The quality is sometimes not what you imagined. There are usually many coconut traders in the market who supply shredded coconuts like this one.
Complementary menu of West Java Uduk rice
This West Javanese nasi uduk recipe will definitely not be perfect if you don’t complete it with complementary dishes. There are plenty of menus that complement nasi uduk that you can choose at this time. Let’s discuss one by one how it is made.
- Fried chicken
- Chickens 1 head, cut to taste
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Kokosvand 500 ml
- Bay leaf 2 pieces
- Orange leaves 2 pieces
- Galangal that has been bruised to taste
- Onions 8 grains
- garlic 4 cloves
- Pecan 4 korn
- pebergranulat 1/4 tsk
- Ginger 1 cm
- old turmeric 3 cm
- Brown sugar 20 grams
- Salt 2 teskefulde
How to make:
Once you’ve prepared these ingredients, just do the steps to complement this West Javanese uduk rice recipe as follows:
- Wash the prepared chicken
- Puree all the spices, sauté until they emit a scent.
- Enter bay leaf, galangal, orange leaf and lemongrass. Stir until completely evenly distributed.
- Put the previously cleaned chicken, stirring with spices
- Pour coconut water, cover the pan and let the spices that are in it infuse.
- Wait for the chicken pieces to become tender.
- Remove and drain.
- Heat up the cooking oil, fry the chicken picked up until it ha a kecokelatan color.
- Drain, or lay out on the previously cooked uduk rice.
- Tør Tempeh Oreg
- Tempeh 1 board, discs matches
- Red pepper 1 piece, thinly sliced
- Curly chili 4 pieces, cut into one piece
- Proposed galangal 2 cm long
- Beaten ginger 2 cm
- Young bay leaf only 1 sheet
- Fresh orange leaves 3 pieces
- Shaved brown sugar 3 tablespoons, can also be replaced with sweet soy sauce
- Shallots 5 grains, thinly sliced
- Garlic 3 cloves, thinly sliced
- Tamarind vand 1/2 sendok måltid
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil to taste
How to make:
- Once you’ve prepared all the ingredients above, we can now move on to the process of making a dish that complements this West Javanese nasi uduk recipe. Follow the steps below.
- Fry the tempeh that you have cut dry. The degree of dryness can be adjusted according to individual taste. Remove and then drain.
- Saute the sliced onions until they emit a fragrant odor. Then put other spices such as chili, orange leaf, bay leaf and galangal. Pour with a small amount of water.
- Then also put tamarind water and brown sugar. Finally, put the salt. Cook until boiling, taste correction.
- Put the dry fried tempeh in it. Stir until caramelized and all spices infuse. Remove and serve.
The combination of nasi uduk and its complementary dishes will surely make the family at home much more enthusiastic in dining. Don’t forget to also serve sambal uduk, which is just right for the family. To avoid mistakes, be sure to follow the steps to make this West Javanese nasi uduk recipe in order.